Here is a summary of the key travel offers for the start of term 2017, and also detail of where travel providers will be on campus during welcome week. Click on each item for further detail.
Key travel offers and messages
• Readybike discounts – ½ price annual membership and 2 free taster trips available – During September only.
• On your bike event – 27th September. Includes a 2nd hand bike sale.
• Co-wheels hourly car rental – free membership plus £25 credit for University staff and students. No need to have a car in Reading as you can hire one by the hour.
• Reading Rail Station line closures on Arrivals weekend (16/17 September) and Sunday mornings until Christmas
• All new students can get 2 trip taster tickets on Reading Buses – to collect from your Support Centre, including the postgraduate centre.
• New ‘offers for students’ and ‘offers for staff’ pages.
• Updated sustainable travel pages. Start from our new home page.
• New University Travel Plan setting our targets and programme for the next 5 years.
Travel providers on campus during welcome week and first week of term:
- Reading Buses will be based in the welcome hub in the Palmer Quad for most of Welcome week. They will be selling and topping up tickets and providing advice. They will also be based at the campus bus stop to assist with queries there.
- Co-wheels car club will be in the Palmer quad on Wednesday 20 September and in the morning of Thursday 21st providing information on their great ‘hire a car by the hour’ scheme, including on Wednesday a demo of the cars you can hire.
- Readybike Will be in the Fresher’s Fair on the 20th and 21st September. They will also be attending our ‘on your bike’ event on the 27th September answering any questions you may have about the scheme.
- Bike sales event and maintenance and safety advice – On your bike event next to the Dome Reading Experience event on 27th September for everything bike.
- Travel information leaflets should be available to collect from the Support Centres shortly.
We hope you find this helpful, but if you need further information please comment on this article, or contact us at email@example.com.