Each course listed on the Enrolments tab shows a Blackboard course code as well as the course name. It is usually made up of the module code used in RISIS (the student registration system) with some extra letters and numbers at the end. This is a unique code for the course.
The course code includes the academic year in which the course began, for example
- 21-2 = academic year 2021/22.
- 20-1 = academic year 2020/21.
Any course with a code ending in:
- 21/2MOD is a module.
- 21/2B (or some other single letter) is a module which runs two or more times a year.
- 21/2MA, 18-9MB indicates a module being taught at the University of Reading Malaysia campus.
- 21/2SUP indicates a Supplementary Course, which is being used in addition to your individual RISIS modules.
- 21/2PR indicates a degree programme. Programme courses are rarely used for teaching and will remain private.
- 21/2NR refers to a course that is not recorded in RISIS.
Useful tip: Please quote the course code if you ever need to raise an issue about a course in Blackboard with the Service Desk.