|✓||Technically possible, fully supported.|
Updated June 2022 to incorporate changes introduced by Turnitin LTI.
- Use student names to flag papers which you wish to be moderated.
- Record details in the Moderation Form.
- Email the Moderation Form to the Internal Moderator.
To find papers flagged by first markers
Search the Inbox by name.
To find papers on grade boundaries
Sort the Turnitin Assignment Inbox by Grade. This should enable you to find papers which need moderation by selecting a sample from the higher, middle and lower range of marks.
Moderating papers marked by individual markers
It is possible to create Blackboard course groups to assign papers to markers. The Moderator can then filter the Inbox by group to see the papers marked by each marker.
Recording or changing marks
- Record details of moderated papers on the Moderation form.
- If you wish to change marks awarded by the first marker
- Email the Moderation Form to the first marker.
- Follow your School’s procedures to agree a final mark, and record this in the Moderation Form.
- If marks need to be changed as a result of the moderation process, apply these changes directly in Turnitin:
- Locate and open the relevant student attempts from the Assignment Inbox.
- Edit the grade in the Feedback Studio.
- Email the Moderation Form to the Programme Admin team.
Administrator – after 15 days
- After 15 days, when the Feedback Release Date has been reached, check that the Grade Centre column for this assignment has been revealed to students.
- Use the Moderation Form to create a Moderation Smart View, including all students’ whose work was moderated.
- Upload the Moderation Form to the Blackboard course and/or External Examiner Organisation.