If scheduling a Teams meeting for live interactive sessions online, see separate guidance.
- Schedule an interactive session in MS Teams
- How to make online interactive sessions available to students for general advice on procedures to follow, and a feature comparison between Teams and Collaborate.
Schedule or Start a new meeting with Microsoft Teams:
- Visit https://teams.microsoft.com (or download Teams app to your desktop or mobile device)
- Login using UoR email and password (Contact IT Services if you don’t have permissions to use Teams)
- Click on the “Calendar” icon available in the left hand pane
- To meet now click “Meet Now” –> Enter “Meeting name”, and click “Start meeting”. (Meeting link can be copied and shared with participants)
- To schedule a meeting for another date please click on “New meeting“, add meeting title, add required attendees etc. and click “save”.
- To learn about more features please go back to Teams meetings index page
- Access to Microsoft Teams – either installed on your device, or via the web (e.g Chrome, Edge, Safari or Firefox).
- Audio/Video device (e.g Microphone, Headphone with microphone, Webcam).
Help and Support:
For help guides on organising or attending meetings using Microsoft Teams please visit
- DTS help page on Communicating with Teams
- Microsoft Teams Meetings help page.
Other useful resources:
- Getting started with Microsoft Teams
- Using Teams meetings and Teams in teaching and learning.