Blackboard has been upgraded to the latest version – for those of you who like to know such things, we are now running Blackboard 9.1 Q2 2018 Cumulative Update 2.
- Blackboard Tests: Students are now able to clear their selection on a Multiple-Choice question. This is useful in a test where negative scoring is in place, and they would prefer to submit no answer rather than one which they’re not sure about.
More on clearing multiple choice selection
- Blackboard Assignments: you can now grant an additional attempt to a specific student, even when anonymous marking is enabled.
To do this
- locate the assignment in the Grade Centre
- click on the chevron for the specific student, and then on View Grade Details
- click on Allow Additional Attempt.
More on additional attempts in anonymous grading
- Blackboard Collaborate: when setting up groups within a course, you are now able to enable a Blackboard Collaborate room.
More on group tools
- Turnitin: we’ve updated the building block which integrates Blackboard. We’re now on the Blackboard Basic integration version 2.7.5.
This version improves the way marks are synchronised between the two systems – if you edit a grade in the Turnitin Feedback Studio, the change should automatically be reflected in the Blackboard Grade Centre (although we’d still recommend that you press ‘Sync Grades’ before releasing marks to students).
The most obvious change staff will notice, is that when you access Turnitin via the Control Panel there’s a search box. This should make it much easier to locate the correct assignment on a course which has many submission points.
Blackboard Math Editor
The Blackboard Math Editor was unavailable immediately after the upgrade, but Blackboard Support have now restored access to the tool.
Those needing to insert Chemical symbols into content items will find that the Math editor has been upgraded to a later version of WIRIS, and now supports some chemistry specific content.
More on the Math Editor
We will be introducing changes to the visual design of Blackboard in a few weeks’ time. In the meantime, if the Blackboard login screen or some courses are displaying incorrectly, please clear your browser cache, and the issues should disappear.
For details of supported browsers and operating systems, please see Browser Support for Blackboard Learn 9.1 Q2 2018 and Turnitin System Requirements.
If you encounter any problems using Blackboard or Turnitin, please log them via the IT Self-Service Portal.
Blackboard + Safari
Previously mentioned issues using Safari with Blackboard have now been resolved – all file submissions will work as expected.
Original Article: http://blogs.reading.ac.uk/tel/2018/04/06/important-information-uploading-assignment-files-via-safari-ios/
Blackboard Assignments – save as draft
Issues with students who overwrote a previously-saved file with another, which had the exact same filename, are now resolved.
Original article: http://blogs.reading.ac.uk/tel/2018/03/08/changes-to-blackboard-assignments/