The ALLY Technology
Available in all Blackboard Courses 2018-19 from August, ALLY is an innovative technology (short video) that can help with the accessibility of your Blackboard course content:
- Automatically checks course materials against WCAG 2.1 accessibility standards
- Provides students with accessible alternative formats such as audio and electronic braille
- Delivers step-by-step guidance to instructors to improve the accessibility of their course content
- Integrates seamlessly with Blackboard Learn
We are inviting all staff and students to look at this new tool.
Find out how it works! Watch these short videos: ALLY for staff Video | ALLY for students Video
To find out more about ALLY and to get started, access our resources and participate in the staff development sessions during the Autumn term as part of our TEL programme.
Book on to these now:
|TEL: ACCESSIBILITY: ACCESSIBLE BLACKBOARD CONTENT||13/09/2018||10:00||11:30|
|TEL: ACCESSIBILITY: ACCESSIBLE BLACKBOARD CONTENT||18/09/2018||10:00||11:30|
|TEL: ACCESSIBILITY: ACCESSIBLE BLACKBOARD CONTENT (RETREAT)||17/10/2018||15:00||16:30|
|TEL: ACCESSIBILITY: ACCESSIBLE BLACKBOARD CONTENT||09/11/2018||15:00||16:30|
|TEL: ACCESSIBILITY: ACCESSIBLE BLACKBOARD CONTENT (RETREAT)||19/11/2018||10:00||11:30|
|TEL: ACCESSIBILITY: ACCESSIBLE BLACKBOARD CONTENT (RETREAT)||05/12/2018||15:00||16:30|
Within the context of the University’s Policy in Inclusive T&L, during 2018-19, we will assess the benefits of using Ally to improve the accessibility of digital course materials for both students and staff. We hope Ally will help our institution with providing:
- students with a choice of accessible formats to meet their needs and
- staff with the knowledge and skills on how to author more accessible course content
We will be collecting feedback from staff and students during the Spring term.