This issue has now been fixed
Some users may be experiencing an issue with the slide order when running a PowerPoint presentation in Teams Meetings using the Teams desktop app. When moving between slides, the slides appear in the wrong order on the screen.
The issue has been reported to Microsoft. In the meantime, the following workarounds will ensure you can still present PowerPoints effectively in your teaching:
- Use the Window option to Share Content in a Teams Meeting.
- Use the Teams Web App.
See below for instructions and guidance on these suggested workarounds.
How to use the Window option to Share Content in a Teams Meeting
Use this option if you want to use the Teams Desktop App or if you want to use the Presenter View in PowerPoint to see your notes.
- Open your PowerPoint Presentation on your computer.
- Start your presentation as a slideshow.
- In the Teams Meeting, click Share Content and under Window choose the PowerPoint Slideshow you want to show.
Advice if you are using one computer screen
- Use the ‘Alt+Tab’ keyboard shortcut to move between applications and go into Teams and back to the slideshow.
How to see your presentation notes (PC users only)
- Open your PowerPoint on your computer and start the presentation as a slideshow.
- Use the ‘Alt+Tab’ keyboard shortcut to move between applications if you only have one computer screen.
- Click Share Content and use the Window option to select the presentation slideshow you just started.
- Go back to the PowerPoint presentation slideshow.
- Right click your mouse button in the slideshow slide and select ‘Show Presenter View’ from the menu that appears.
- The shared view in the Teams meeting will keep showing the slideshow presentation but you will see the Presenter View with your notes and preview of the next slide.
How to find the Teams Web App
Use this option if you want to be able to share the PowerPoint is the same way as you did using the Teams Desktop App.
- Go to office.com and log in with your University credentials to open your Microsoft 365 account.
- Click on the Teams icon to launch the Teams web app in the current browser window. (This icon may be located on the left side of your screen, or in a set of tiles displayed across the screen.) You can use the Teams Web App in the same way as the desktop app.
- To share your PowerPoint within a meeting, click Open Share Tray.
- Select the PowerPoint you wish to share, or Browse to locate a PowerPoint file on your computer.