Why use PowerPoint Live?
PowerPoint Live provides features that are unavailable when simply displaying your presentation slides via a classroom whiteboard or online screen-share. Using PowerPoint Live will allow students access to a range of interactive and inclusive tools that enhance engagement with your slide content.
*note, PowerPoint Live is currently unavailable for Blackboard Collaboate.
How do I get started?
To get started, simply launch a Teams meeting. Then, instead of opening a PowerPoint deck and sharing your screen, pick a file under the PowerPoint Live section of Share content area in Teams. Here’s a quick user demonstration.
- Increased accessibility: PowerPoint Live in Microsoft Teams allows attendees to access the shared content through screen readers. Additionally, a high-contrast mode for all content is available to each participant to choose privately on their device, to help students better view slide content.
- Slide hyperlinks and videos are clickable from within the meeting window: this not only helps participants to interact with content, but also keeps viewers attention and allows attendees to consume the content at their own pace.
- Enhanced presenter tools: you can see your slide notes alongside slides in the meeting window, so your talking points are never far away. PowerPoint Live also provides a thumbnail strip, so you can see what slides are coming next and jump to one. The Grid view enables you to easily find your place in a large presentation.
- Seamless transition between presenters: If you have co-presenters, they can seamlessly “Take control” and instantly get access to the Presenter View as well. Control can also be easily shared between any number of presenters, so no more fumbling during the presentation to give control to someone else, or worse, asking someone to move to the next slide for you.
How do I get started?
Students can point their device cameras at the QR code, tap the link that appears and PowerPoint Live will load your presentation slides in their web browser. There's nothing for them to install. Alternatively, students can just go to their device browser and enter the short URL. shown on above the QR code and also at the top of the presentation screen for the duration of the slideshow.
- Subtitles in 60+ languages: Students can view the presentation on their devices and read live subtitles in their preferred language while you speak, will see your spoken words transcribed on the screen in near real-time. This is great for audiences when the acoustics of the venue aren't good, or if you have audience members who have difficulty hearing.
- Pinch and zoom: When viewing slides on their device, students can "pinch to zoom" to see the content more clearly on mobile devices or tablets.
- Reviewing previous slides: If a student wants to look back at one of your earlier slides that can do that using the slide control that appears on their screen just below the current slide. They can go all the way back to your first slide, but they can only go as far forward as the slide you're currently displaying, so you don't have to worry about them reading ahead in your deck.
- Live feedback: Similar to 'in meeting reactions' found in Teams meetings; students can tap a feedback button towards the bottom right of their device screen. There they can select from a handful of different feedback types, from "like" to "puzzled" and more. Their selection will briefly appear on the classroom presentation screen.
- Presentation feedback: Students can provide feedback about the presentation using a default, short survey; the survey link is provided at the end of the presentation. The survey results appear in your Microsoft Forms area and your email inbox, where you can view the aggregated, anonymous responses. This information can only be accessed by you. The survey includes questions relating to slide design, speaker delivery, content, and interaction with audience on a scale of 1 to 5. Students can add any other comments or feedback they might have and submit.
If you’re currently using PowerPoint Live and can give us some feedback on how it’s going, we’d love to hear from you! Please get in touch via the socials or email below.