LEARNING CAPTURE TIMELINE
In our previous post, Welcome to Learning Capture at Reading, we introduced you to YuJa, the University’s newly-procured Learning Capture system. If you haven’t yet had a chance to see our brief video introduction in that post, do take a look.
In this post, we’d like to provide further details around the two launch stages, and when you’ll get access to different products and features.
What’s happening, and when?
The Yuja Learning Capture system is being launched in two stages.
January 2022 – Soft Launch
- The soft launch is an opportunity for any member of staff to get to know the new system and experiment with creating, editing and sharing videos.
- There is no change to the 2021/22 Teaching and Learning Framework.
- The current Stream to Blackboard integration will continue to be the learning capture technology at Reading for the rest of this academic year.
- There is no obligation to start using YuJa during the January 2022 soft launch – if you would like to continue using your existing method for creating your videos for the remainder of the 2021/22 academic year, please do so.
September 2022 – Fully-supported roll out
- From September 2022, YuJa will be the University’s Learning Capture solution.
- Lecture/classroom capture will be fully rolled out in centrally-bookable rooms at Whiteknights and London Road.
- You’ll have access to a range of guidance and training to support your use of YuJa.
- Stream integration will no longer be created for new students. Don’t worry – this will not affect existing Stream content, or any content you create during 2021/22 academic year.
Learning Capture Project Timeline
The following timeline shows where these activities fit within the project and what’s planned for the year ahead. The dates shown are for general guidance and information and are subject to change.
If you’ve applied to join us as a Learning Capture Champion, we will shortly be in touch to discuss this further with you.
Otherwise, please look out for coming posts on:
- Further details around January’s soft launch
- The YuJa > Blackboard integration
- Learning Capture good practice and pedagogical guidance
- System demos
If you’d like to be notified when we post further Learning capture updates, please subscribe to the TEL blog using the following form:
Subscribe to TEL Blog via Email
For questions about Learning Capture, please email email@example.com