DTS sent out a comms on 11th May 2022 informing staff of the changes to Stream from 10th July 2022. You can read the Stream on SharePoint update on the DTS website if you missed it.
What does this mean for my Teaching and Learning video content?
New T&L recordings made after 10th July 2022
- Any new T&L recordings made after 10th July 2022 must be stored in YuJa, the University’s new learning capture system. This could include mp4s and screencasts made using Teams meetings recordings. Full instructions on uploading to YuJa are coming soon.
2022/23 courses and beyond
- There will be no integration between Blackboard and Stream for 2022/23 courses.
- Videos currently in Stream which you’d like to share with 2022/23 students, should be downloaded from Stream and uploaded to YuJa. See instructions on how to download content from Stream for further information.
- You will need to remove any embedded Stream video links that have been copied forward into your 22/23 Blackboard modules.
- The Blackboard ‘Stream’ menu item will not roll over, it will be deleted and a YuJa menu item will replace this.
2021/22 courses and prior
- You should keep existing videos where they are in Stream. This will ensure that students viewing previous Blackboard courses can continue to access videos for revision.
This page will be updated as DTS receive further information from Microsoft. We’d advise bookmarking this page, or subscribing to our blog to receive ongoing updates.
How to download content from Microsoft Stream
- You will need to be the Owner of the video in order to do this.
- Locate the video you want to transfer in Stream. You can do this from a video embedded video in Blackboard or by accessing Stream via office.com.
- Download the video via the More Actions menu.
We recommend saving your downloaded Stream videos to an appropriate folder on your University device. This will make them easy to locate later when it’s time to transfer them to YuJa
Instructions on how to upload your downloaded Stream videos to YuJa will follow soon.