Course copying and the creation of new Blackboard courses took place on Saturday 9th July 2022.
Colleagues in the DTS Teaching & Learning Technology team successfully carried out Blackboard Course Rollover on Saturday, copying forward courses for use in the coming year.
Please note that there are still a number of Rollover tasks to be completed over the coming days. If you don’t yet have all of your courses for 2022/23 – don’t panic!
What has been done
- Over 2000 courses have been copied forward for use in 2022/23.
- Staff enrolments – Instructors, Teaching Assistants, Course Builders and External Examiners – have been copied on these courses.
- Any Turnitin assignments copied forward have been deleted (these copied assignments would not work in the new course, and in any case we’re using a new version of Turnitin in the coming year).
Tasks to be completed
- Create courses being set up as blank shells – for completely new modules, or courses where the Module Convenor opted out of Rollover.
- Create courses in Schools which use a Blackboard course template.
- Remove the Microsoft Stream area from 2022/23 courses.
- Add a new YuJa learning capture area to all 2022/23 courses.
- Enrol Module Convenors onto courses, based on the details held in RISIS (in most cases the Module Convenor will already be enrolled on the 2022/23 course, but this task picks up modules where the Module Convenor has changed).
- Set up Merged courses
- select “child” courses to merge
- add “Merged 2022/23” to course names.
Student enrolments – Please note that student enrolments for 2022/23 won’t appear automatically in Blackboard until early August, when the academic year is updated in RISIS.
We will update our Course Rollover page as these tasks are completed. We’ll also send out further comms through this list, with advice on preparing your Blackboard course for the coming year, with respect to the new Teaching and Learning Framework for 2022-24, the transition from Stream to YuJa, and the changes to Turnitin.
If you have any queries, please log a ticket through the Service Desk.
Andy Turner (Senior TEL Applications Manager, CQSD TEL)