We live in a digital age where technology is part of our everyday lives, including our education. Technology can be used in learning, teaching and assessment to create an engaging and effective learning environment and to support students’ studies.
- Providing a range of technologies available to all staff and students, which support digital communication and collaboration, the online delivery of teaching content and learning activities, and online assessment and feedback. We continue to develop and expand our range of technologies, most recently having added a real-time virtual classroom system to bring learners together even when in different locations.
- High-quality online guides and support for students to enable them to learn and study effectively in the digital environment. These are user-friendly and tailored specifically for the University of Reading.
- A professional development programme and support for staff to help them develop their digital skills, make best use of technology, and apply innovative approaches to their teaching. We also encourage the sharing of best practice and learning from each other.
- Ongoing development of the curriculum and our courses so that they meaningfully incorporate the opportunities that technology offers. Most recently, the introduction of new tools and specialised professional development and training for staff has led to widespread use of online assessment, marking and feedback.
- Innovative projects which inform and advance our understanding and development of the digital learning environment. Our Online Courses project provides global learning opportunities and is recognised as a leader in the UK.
Contact: Vicki Holmes, Head of Technology Enhanced Learning