- Lead on the implementation and delivery of the University’s Online Courses strategy.
- Manage the business operations that underpin the design, development and production of the University’s Online Courses portfolio.
- Develop cross-team approaches and working practices which enable the OC team, academic teams and other key stakeholders to work effectively and efficiently throughout the Online Courses life-cycle.
- Lead on the management and delivery of all novel projects/courses and/or course developments that fall outside ‘business as usual’ for the University Online Courses portfolio
- Evaluate new business opportunities and contribute to the ongoing development of the University’s strategy for Online Courses.
Areas of interest
- Online learning pedagogies
- Accessibility in online learning
- Widening participation and online learning
- Online distance learning in HE
- CPD (staff and students)
I am a science graduate from the University of Manchester, with over 25 years academic publishing experience in commissioning, developmental editing and writing. I have managed the University’s Online Courses programme since September 2014, initially as Project Manager, then from February 2018 as General Manager.
I lead a small, specialised team of digital learning producers who work collaboratively with our academic experts to design, develop and produce engaging online courses that successfully meet the needs of their target audience. We have developed an extensive and innovative portfolio of courses over the past 5 years, mostly for the FutureLearn VLE. These range from outward facing Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) aimed at a general audience, Open Online Courses (OOCs) that also support a blended learning approach and small, private, invitation only, online courses (SPOCs).
- Trust in Our Food: Understanding the Food System October 2018
EIT Food MOOC produced in collaboration with colleagues from SAPD, EUFIC (Belgium) and University of Turin
- Study UK: Prepare to Study and Live in the UK
British Council funded MOOC, produced in collaboration with colleagues from ISLI. September 2018
- Study Smart: Your Essential Guide for University Run 2 August 2018
UoR SPOC which supports all new Reading undergraduates before they arrive on campus, produced in collaboration with colleagues from Study Advice and Maths Support.
UoR 2018 Collaborative Teaching and Learning Award for Outstanding Contributions to Teaching and Learning
Study Smart: Your Essential Guide to University SPOC, produced in collaboration with colleagues from Study Advice and Maths Support.
European Meteorological Society (EMS) Outreach & Communication Award 2018
Come Rain or Shine OOC, produced in collaboration with colleagues from Meteorology and The Royal Meteorological Society.
+44 (0) 118 378 6465