The Teaching and Learning Framework for 2022-24 (TLF) sets out a return to mainly face-to-face teaching. This means you may not need all of your previous years’ video recordings . Depending on how you intend to teach your module this year, consider which videos you need to transfer to YuJa.
The types of video recordings you’ve created in previous years can be a valuable resource to use with students this coming year to enable you to adapt what you can do in your face-to-face sessions. Where needed, these could be edited to create short videos focussing on key elements of your module.
The following types of recordings work well to reuse.
- Screencasts where you talk students through the module assessment criteria.
- Screencasts of topics where the content stays current from year to year.
- A talking head video introducing students to the module.
- Videos which focus on explaining challenging topics to students.
These recordings are not appropriate to copy over to 2022/23:
- Previous years’ live interactive sessions, or any content with students present must not be reused.
- Screencasts which clearly reference previous years, being in the pandemic, or dates of sessions from previous years.
To help consider your videos, this table outlines different types of recordings and their purposes in 2021/22 and 2022/23