Depending on the type of teaching & learning content you’re creating, and how you want to make it available to students, there are a variety of ways to share content using YuJa that can benefit your students, provide deeper analytics, and save you time when preparing for the new academic year. Using Channels can help you manage your video content in YuJa.
Using YuJa Channels
Channels are discrete playlists that are associated with a module. A Channel is created in YuJa the first time a YuJa link is clicked in a Blackboard module and you will need to click a YuJa link in each of your Blackboard modules to ensure that their Channels have been created.
Channels are not copied forward on rollover, meaning that any content published to a Channel will only ever be available to students from the cohort for which it was originally created. This means that any folder structures you create within Channels using the ‘Sub-Channel’ feature will not be copied forward on Rollover.
Channels are most suitable for publishing content that should only be made available to the current module cohort, such as:
- live lecture recordings or classroom capture recordings
- recordings containing students from the current cohort
- recordings containing information only pertinent to the current year’s cohort
Publishing to a module’s Channel also allows you to view analytics for your videos in a more focused context for the module to which they were published.
Using Folders to manage Channels effectively
If you choose to publish asynchronous module content to your module’s Channel for analytics purposes, or to provide a single source of YuJa content for your students, you may want to consider using a Folder Structure in your My Media area to make publishing or re-publishing content more efficient.
Creating folders in the My Media area of YuJa allows you to handle all videos within the folder with bulk actions, such as:
- Bulk Publish – Publish multiple videos to Channels
- Bulk Move – Move multiple videos to another folder in YuJa
- Bulk Share – Share multiple videos with a colleague
- Bulk Download – Download multiple videos (download links will be emailed to your university email address)
Folder structures also allow you to locate specific videos more easily using the YuJa Media Chooser.