For information on the accessibility features within Blackboard, please see https://help.blackboard.com/Learn/Student/Accessibility/Accessibility_Features
This page includes specific information for users with a hearing impairment, visual impairment, mobility impairment, or learning disability.
Accessibility features on the login page
On the Blackboard login page you can choose to enable a high contrast setting i.e. to increase the contrast between the text and background on pages in Blackboard. This is particularly useful if you have a visual impairment, as it allows you to preserve any specific contrast settings you have defined in your operating system to provide a more comfortable experience when browsing the web.
1. To enable high contrast settings
- Click on the High Contrast icon top right.
- A pop-up window will open. In the pop-up select “Yes, I will use Operating System style to overwrite Blackboard styles”.
- Click Submit.
2. Change Text Size
Click on this icon to open a pop-up window in which you’ll find instructions on using the controls built in to your internet browser to increase or decrease text size.
Enabling accessibility features once logged on to Blackboard
You can enable high contrast settings from within Blackboard
- Click on your name, top right of the screen (the ‘Global Navigation’ panel).
- Click on Settings at the bottom of the menu.
- Click on High Contrast Setting.
- A pop-up window will open. In the pop-up select “Yes, I will use Operating System style to overwrite Blackboard styles.”
- Click Submit
You can also access the instructions to Change Text Size from the Global Navigation panel: click on Settings, then Change Text Size.