Blackboard Assignments have a new in-line marking tool called Blackboard Annotate which has replaced the older Box in-line marking interface. All previous marking annotations will now appear in the new marking window.
Blackboard Annotate is similar to the previous marking interface, but offers improvements for providing different types of marking and feedback:
- Freehand drawing and shape tools, featuring a variety of formatting options such as colours, weights, opacity etc.
- Higher fidelity and responsiveness to pen/stylus users and touch screen devices.
- In-line grading for a wider range of file types, such as HEICs and .psd (see the full list of supported file types).
- Ability to add reusable comments via a new ‘content library’ (NB: content library cannot yet be exported or shared between markers).
Before marking, we recommend that you familiarise yourself with Bb Annotate:
- Visit the TEL Support site for a quick video tour: Bb Annotate video and TEL Support article
- Read the Quick Start FAQs on the TEL Support site for information about migrated papers and essential tips for using the new marking features. FAQs covered include: ‘What will happen to previous submissions?’, ‘How do I save inline comments?’ and ‘Do reusable comments function in the same way as Turnitin comment libraries?’ and more…
We will release updated staff develop material and resources during the Autumn Term. If you have any immediate queries, please email DTS@reading.ac.uk.