Course rollover is the annual process whereby Blackboard courses from the current academic year are copied for use in the next academic year.
Course Rollover for 2021 is scheduled to take place on Saturday 3rd July.
As usual, Blackboard will be unavailable to users while the key rollover tasks are in progress, from 08:00 to approximately 17:00 BST.
There are no changes to the Course Rollover process this year.
The default position is that any RISIS module or programme
- which was used in Blackboard in the current academic year (i.e. in 2020/21)
- and is scheduled to run again in the new academic year (i.e. in 2021/22)
will be automatically copied forward.
The vast majority of Blackboard courses normally fall into this category, and no action is required for these courses to be rolled forward.
Just to be absolutely sure, please check that your module is listed on the Course Copy Status page.
Merged and Supplementary courses are also copied as part of Course Rollover.
Again, if you are responsible for one of these courses in Blackboard, please check that it is listed on the Course Copy Status page.
For full details of Course Rollover, and what actions are required, please see the Course Rollover page on the TEL staff help site.
On this page you’ll find information about:
- Opting out of Rollover– cancelling a scheduled course copy, for instance if you want to completely redesign your Blackboard course for next academic year.
- Modules which are running next year, but did not run in 2020/21.
- Brand new modulesrunning for the first time.
- Which parts of your course will be copied as part of Rollover.
Deadline for action: To be included in the main Rollover process at the start of July, all requests should be submitted by close of play on Friday 25th June.
We will send further reminders as the deadline approaches.
If you have any queries about how rollover affects your course, please log a Service Desk ticket.