Blackboard course rollover for 2021 takes place on Saturday 3rd July.
Stream Groups will be set-up as a separate process and should be available to you no later than Monday 12th July 2021. After this date you will be able to add your Stream videos to your 2021/22 modules.
This is the first time that Microsoft Stream has been part of the rollover process and the following information explains what is set up in Blackboard and Stream.
Staff should use Stream to share videos with students and not upload them directly into Blackboard.
What steps do you need to take to get your videos ready for 2021/22:
- Prevent students from being able to upload videos to the new Stream Groups.
- Re-purpose or edit your existing videos.
- Add permissions to share any videos you want students to view in 2021/22 modules.
- Remove any direct links to videos you no longer needin your 2021/22 Blackboard module that were copied in the rollover process.
Are you new to using Microsoft Stream, need a refresher or want to find out how to make engaging screencasts? Check out the:
- Using Microsoft Stream for Teaching and Learning support articles.
- TEL OnlineTeaching toolkit: Making screencasts.
‘Microsoft Stream’ item on the Blackboard course menu
- The Microsoft Stream content area on your Blackboard module menu will not be copied as part of rollover.
- A new area will be created on the 2021/22 Blackboard course linking to the new Stream Group for 2021/22 .
- Do not remove this menu item. It is used to set up the integration with Stream. You can hide it on the menu.
- A new empty Stream Group for your 2021/22 Blackboard module will be created automatically. This will not have any videos associated with it.
- Students enrolled on a module in 2021/22 will not automatically have permission to view Stream videos shared with the 2020/21 module cohort.
- Do not delete these Groups in Stream
Stream video learning materials shared in 2020/21
- Any videos you shared with your 2020/21 students as learning materials, will still be visible to them – no action is required on your part.
- Do not remove permissions to these videos – 2020/21 students are entitled to have access to these learning materials for the duration of their programme.
Stream videos embedded into content areas
- The links to all of the Stream videos directly embedded into content areas of your 2020/21 course will be copied forward as part of the rollover of content.
- This applies whether you have embedded a Stream video, or just created a link to the video.
- Please note that Stream videos and permissions are not copied – just the embed code or link.
Recordings of online interactive sessions from 2020/21
- Any links to recordings of live online interactive sessions made in 2020/21 that were added directly into Blackboard will be copied forward as part of the rollover of content.
- Recordings of live interactive sessions made in 2020/21 should not be made visible to the 2021/22 student cohort.
- Delete these recordings from the 2020/21 module in accordance with the University policy : Requirements for Recording of Online Interactive Teaching Sessions in 2020/21 and the Retention Schedule for Recorded Content.