The Learning Capture Champions Group is a community for selected University staff actively involved in using and promoting Learning Capture. It provides an opportunity to:
- Discuss, engage with and inform the implementation and effective ongoing adoption of Learning Capture at the University.
- Facilitate networking between colleagues who wish to learn more about Learning Capture.
- Feed into the work of the ongoing Learning Capture Project.
The role of the Champions
The focus of the Champions community is to provide a forum to share experiences and ideas around Learning Capture. This will contribute to the development of Learning Capture at Reading and will help identify the need for specific guidance and support. As a member of the community, you could choose to contribute in some of the following ways, depending on your commitments and teaching context:
- Actively use Learning Capture in your own teaching to develop your own understanding and academic practice, and share your experiences with the community.
- Inform the ongoing development of Learning Capture at the University, e.g. by feeding back feature ideas or bug identification.
- Identify, document, and share evidence-based practice with Learning Capture and contribute to the critical discourse in this area.
- Champion the use of Learning Capture amongst colleagues and signpost to further development and training as appropriate.
- Contribute to University-wide events with other members of the community.
- Inform the development of Phase 2 School-specific requirements (further information to follow).
Profile of a Champion
The Champions community will benefit from colleagues with varied perspectives, experiences, and from diverse teaching contexts. We’d like to invite:
- Colleagues with existing experience of learning capture or enthusiastic beginners who are keen to learn (training and support will be provided).
- Staff who have identified benefits of learning capture for their teaching contexts.
- Colleagues with a keen interest in pedagogical and technological innovation, and the desire to bring colleagues on the journey.
Support and development for Champions
- Training and staff development will be provided on both the YuJa system and around good practice in using Learning Capture.
- Peer support from the Learning Capture Champions Team community.
Why become a Champion?
- An opportunity to share your interest in and experience with Learning Capture.
- Enhance your teaching profile (e.g. being a Champion could contribute to evidence for HEA Fellowship applications).
- An opportunity to work and network with colleagues across the University.
- Develop your own digital skills and teaching practice.
- Contribute to the evolution of innovative teaching and learning approaches at the University, and the establishment of good educational practice.
- Gain access to bespoke staff development and support around Learning Capture.
How to apply and selection
- To apply, please complete the short online application form (University username and password required) explaining why you wish to be a Champion and indicating how you intend to use learning capture.
- Applications will be reviewed by CQSD TEL and Learning Capture Project Manager. Champions will be selected on the basis of meeting the role criteria and ensuring there is a range of experience and representation from across the University.
- The closing date for applications is Friday 29th October 2021
- The application will include the requirement that you have informed your Head of School, Manager and / or SDTL, as appropriate and have their support.
- While initial Champion places are limited, we intend to grow the Learning Capture community as resources permit and the project progresses.
This page will continue to be updated throughout the Learning Capture project.
Last updated: 27th September 2021