The TEL programme of professional development is aimed at academic and administrative staff to cover both the pedagogical and practical aspects of using technologies in teaching and learning. These are a mix of live training and self-directed online tutorials. Current themes include:
- Using Blackboard: Sessions covering various aspects of using Blackboard, from designing and delivering your module to creating accessible content.
- Assessment and feedback: Sessions for academic and administrative colleagues involved in setting up electronic assessment and marking electronically, and using Turnitin’s Similarity Report
- Online teaching: Learn how to deliver an effective interactive online session which engages your students.
- Inclusive design and digital accessibility: Help with designing your Blackboard module and resources for all your students, examining the principles of inclusive design, and applying them in your digital practice.
- Learning capture: How to use the YuJa tool to capture personal and classroom content and understand good practice with using recordings in T&L.
- Sharing practice: Themed showcase events in which colleagues share their practice and experience.
Find recordings of some of our previous live online TEL sessions in UoRLearn.
Online tutorials that you can complete at your own pace and at a time that suits you:
- Creating Rubrics for Blackboard and Turnitin (Self-directed Online Tutorial)
- Marking Blackboard and Turnitin Assignments (Self-directed Online Tutorial)
- Blackboard for Administrators Part 1 – An Overview (Self-directed Online Tutorial)
- Blackboard for Administrators Part 2 – Electronic Assessment (Self-directed Online Tutorial)
- Blackboard for Administrators Part 3 – The Grade Centre (Self-directed Online Tutorial)
Associated tutorials provided by the Centre of Quality Support and Development (CQSD):
- Multiple Choice Questions: More Than Just A Test Of Information Recall (Online resources)
- Academic Integrity (Self-directed Online Tutorial)
Find a full list of self -directed Teaching and Learning resources from CQSD in UoRLearn.
We offer 30 minute One-to-One meeting designed to provide you with advice and support on the effective use of technology in your teaching, based on your specific query.
Examples of topics that can be covered during consultations include:
- Teaching practice
- Supporting student learning
- Assessment and Feedback
- Engaging students
- Specific aspects of deploying tools effectively for a specific purpose
- Module design
- VLE Administration (for Student Support Centre Staff).
Book a TEL One-to-One and you will be contacted by a member of the TEL team to arrange a meeting.
Explore other Topics
TEL help & support
If you have a query about anything related to technology enhanced learning, have a suggestion for an addition to this site, or find a broken link, please contact the TEL team via the DTS Self Service Portal or by emailing email@example.com.