Important: Please note that once you are fully enrolled in RISIS (or your account has been restored after suspension), it can take a full working day for your account to be created (or restored) on Blackboard Learn.
Can’t login? Have you read our guide on How to log in to Blackboard?
You should sign in to Blackboard in exactly the same way that you sign in to other University systems, such as email and OneDrive. In fact, if you are already signed in to your University Microsoft account, you won’t need to enter your details again to get into Blackboard – just click the Sign In button.
When signing in, on the first screen you will need to enter your User ID as <username>@student.reading.ac.uk
– for example email@example.com
Changes from 1 March 2021 for Henley Business School students with an email address of @programme-member.henley.com
From 1 March onwards, the way you sign in will change to firstname.lastname@example.org in line with other students.
Still not working?
If you have issues signing in, please try the following:
- Open an incognito/private window in your web browser
- Go to https://www.bb.reading.ac.uk
- Click on ‘Sign in with Microsoft’
- Enter your User ID as advised above and your usual University of Reading password
- Authenticate via your chosen method (text to mobile or Authenticator app)
If this is successful, you will know that you have entered all details correctly.
We recommend that you then clear your cache before signing on in a normal browser window.
You can clear your browser cache by following the appropriate instructions for your preferred browser in the links below:
New Students: If you’re fully enrolled (which includes having paid your fees), and you have activated your University username and password, you should use those to log in.
Your University username is a combination of two random letters followed by the last six digits of your student number (eg dq123456). You can use the combination of your username and @student.reading.ac.uk to login. e.g (email@example.com)
Important: If you are unable to log in to Blackboard this could be for one of the following reasons:
- The username or password has been typed incorrectly.[Please check you are typing the correct username and password. Check whether Caps Lock is on or off ].
- Your account has not been created in Blackboard yet.[It can take up-to 24 hours after you are fully enrolled].
Existing Students: If you are unable to log in to Blackboard this could be for one of the following reasons:
- Username or password entered is wrong. [Please check you are typing the correct username and password. Check whether Caps Lock is on or off ].
- Your account has been suspended. Contact your Student Support Centre for assistance.
Returning Students: Your account may have been suspended. Please check the status of your account with your Student Support Centre.
Reset your Password: visit the page “How do I reset my password?” for more information. If you have reset your password, it may take some time to reflect the changes on Blackboard.
Need help? Should you have any questions or need help, please contact CQSD TEL via firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact Student Support Centre for assistance.