How to submit a video to a Blackboard assignment
You can upload a video to the YuJa media platform, and then submit this to a Blackboard assignment.
The steps in the process are
- Create the video using appropriate software.
- Upload the video to your YuJa Media Library.
- Access the Blackboard assignment.
Instead of uploading a file, click on Write Submission, then use the YuJa Media Chooser from the editor to locate and select your video in YuJa.
- Submit the assignment attempt.
- The video remains in your YuJa Media Library, but can now be accessed by markers via the Blackboard course.
Create your video
To record a video you can
- record in PowerPoint on your laptop
- record on your phone
- go to Yuja and record directly in the browser
See these guides
Upload the video to YuJa
- Log on to YuJa.
- Go to your Media Library
- Click on Upload
- On the Upload screen click on Add Schema Tags
- Select ‘Assessment’ from the drop-down list, and press Save.
- Browse to select your file, or drag and drop your video file onto the Upload window.
- The video will upload immediately, but will take some while to finish processing.
You do not have to wait for the video to finish processing before submitting it to Blackboard assignment.
Submit to Blackboard
- Go to your course in Blackboard.
Go to the Assessment area of the course and click on the assignment name to start the submission process.
- Do not click on the Browse button as you would normally. Instead, click on Write Submission.
- This opens up an editing window.
Make sure you can see the + (Add Content) icon on the editing toolbar – if necessary click on the 3 dots to expand the toolbar.
- Click the Add Content icon
- Choose YuJa Media Chooser from the list.
- Your YuJa Media Library is displayed. Search or scroll to find the video you want to submit.
- Click to highlight and select the video.
Press Insert Content.In the examples shown here, the video is one that has only just been uploaded to YuJa, and is still processing.
- This embeds the video into your Blackboard assignment submission. If necessary write any additional text.
When done, press Submit to complete your submission.
- A message will appear on screen saying that you have successfully submitted, and a receipt will also be emailed to you.
- Markers on the Blackboard course will now be able to view your video when they access the Blackboard assignment.
- You don’t have to wait until your video has finished processing to submit it to Blackboard.
- But if you need to make any edits to the video in YuJa, you do need to wait until the video has finished processing.
- Once you have submitted the video to a Blackboard assignment the file will be locked in YuJa, so you can’t make any edits to the video.
So if you need to make any edits to the video you must do this in Yuja before submitting to Blackboard.
- If you need to submit a Word document or some other kind of file to the assignment, as well as your YuJa video, you’ll need to submit these as part of the same assignment attempt.
Click on Write Submission to embed your YuJa video, then Browse Local Files to upload the Word document.
- If the Blackboard assignment allows resubmissions, and you want to make changes to the file you submitted, you will need to
- upload a new version of the video to YuJa
- make any required edits in YuJa
- then submit that to Blackboard as a new attempt.