Blackboard Assignments have been migrated to a new interface, which accepts a wider range of files. Please see our help guide on Blackboard Annotate.
You can view and annotate any of these file types in the browser, without leaving Blackboard:
- Microsoft Word (DOC, DOCX)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT, PPTX)
- Microsoft Excel (XLS, XLSM, XLSX)
- OpenOffice Documents (ODS, ODT, ODP)
- Digital Images (JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, TIFF, BMP, TGA, HEIC)
- Medical Images (DICOM, DICM, DCM)
- Adobe Acrobat documents (PDF)
- Photoshop files (PSD)
- Rich text files (RTF)
- Plain text files (TXT)
- WordPerfect documents (WPD)
Original formatting and embedded images are preserved.
If a student has uploaded a file that isn’t supported, you’ll be prompted to download it.
Text in submitted documents is selectable, and you can click and open any web links in the text.
For full details, see the Blackboard help page: Blackboard Annotate