You can log in to Blackboard Learn at www.bb.reading.ac.uk
👉 Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): Use Microsoft Authenticator App for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). A quicker and easier way to login across multiple devices. This is independent to your SIM and so if you change devices, you will still be able to authenticate. more details….
🎯 Staff usernames:
All staff (excluding colleagues at UoRM) should sign in as <username>@reading.ac.uk – for example, if your username is ab123456 you will enter firstname.lastname@example.org when signing in.
If you have forgotten your Password or experience any issues in logging in please raise a ticket with DTS through the Self Service Portal, or by emailing email@example.com.
🎯 How to avoid two-step verification every time you login to Blackboard?
Please login to UoR email or Office.com in your web browser. Please choose “Yes” when asked for “Stay signed-in?”. Please note, this option is not recommended if you are using a shared or public computer. Once logged in, you can open https://www.bb.reading.ac.uk/ and click on “Sign in with Microsoft”.
To avoid entering verification code every time you login please do following:
1. Do not logout of your email or office.com
2. When logout of Blackboard, choose “Continue SSO”
👉 How to Sign in
1. To log in, go to https://www.bb.reading.ac.uk/ and click on the Sign in with Microsoft button.
2. Enter your UoR username followed by “@reading.ac.uk” e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Enter your UoR email password
4. Enter the security code sent to your mobile phone or backup email.
💡 It is recommended to use Microsoft Authenticator App for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). A quicker and easier way to login across multiple devices. This is independent to your SIM and so if you change devices, you will still be able to authenticate. more details….
5. Choose whether to “Stay signed in” or “Not” (Choose “No” if you are using shared or public computer). If you choose “Yes”, you won’t have to login again and again.
When you log out of Blackboard, you will be presented with the option to log out from Microsoft 365 as well, or to continue your Microsoft session.