There are two main ways you can present files to students:
For either option you can:
- upload your content from your local computer (using drag and drop)
- use Batch Edit to make the file(s) visible/invisible to students
- use Folders and Learning modules to organise the files
- add videos via YuJa.
It is possible to use the Add Content menu to Upload or Copy content directly to the Course Content.
- Copy your content directly from other courses (this not possible inside a Document).
- A large number of files will create a long the Course Content.
In Ultra, Documents replace Items in Blackboard Original. These can be formed from a number of sections, and material presented in a variety of ways. A Document appears as one item in the Course Content.
Files can be uploaded direct to the Document (1) or attached to a content section which includes text, images, links etc. (2).
- A large number of files can appear in the Course Content as one item.
- Documents give you flexibility in how you display materials to the students.
- Files, Videos and written content can all be added to one Document allowing student to view them on one page.
- It is not possible to copy files directly from another course/organisation into a document.
The YuJa Chooser LTI tool can be used to add videos to the Course Content or into a Document.
Presenting videos in Course Content
To add a YuJa video to the Course Content select Content Market from the add content menu and use the YuJa Media Chooser LTI tool to find and select the video you wish to embed.
Presenting videos in a Document
To add a YuJa video to a Document you will have to add it into a content section, select Content Market from the Plus menu and use the YuJa Media Chooser LTI tool to find and select the video you wish to embed.
Page last updated on August 22, 2023 by taralehane