- This event has passed.
RESCHEDULED: Professor Rory O’Connor – When it is Darkest: Understanding Suicide Risk. Online event.
Suicide and self-harm are major public health concerns with complex aetiologies which encompass a multifaceted array of risk and protective factors. There is growing recognition that we need to move beyond psychiatric categories to further our understanding of the pathways to both. In this workshop, you will be helped to make sense of this complexity as well as highlighting the evidence of what works to prevent suicide.
The workshop will be interactive and participants will be encouraged to discuss their own experiences.
Book Here More Information
This workshop will run from 10:00 am until 4.00 pm, with a 45- minute break for lunch, at a cost of £75.
Group bookings of 4 workshops or more will receive a 10% discount (£67.50 per session), and 10 workshops or more will receive a 15% discount (£63.75 per session)*.
University of Reading Students (current and graduate) will receive a 20% discount upon verification of a valid student number. Please contact email@example.com in the first instance with your student number and for further instructions.
*Please note: The online store accepts card & PayPal payment ONLY. If you wish to pay via another method or make multiple bookings to benefit from the discount, please email the CWI Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events will be delivered online, for which delegates will be sent a link for joining. No previous experience of any tool or specific software is required (although we do recommend that you access the event using a connection with good bandwidth).
Taught by leading experts, our workshops provide training opportunities in evidence-based treatments. All of our courses are accredited and are BABCP compliant providing 5 CPD hours, with an approximate 50/50 split between theory and skills. The cost of the workshop includes an electronic CPD certificate. All workshops, unless otherwise stated, are intended for a cross/mixed ability audience.
We also offer a range of training options in all psychological treatments, all of which are recommended by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
Cancellations & Terms (Online workshops)
- Delegates will receive a full refund if notification of cancellation is received more than one calendar month prior to the event.
- If notification is received between 1 calendar month and 2 weeks prior to the event we will offer a refund of 50%.
- No refund will be offered if notification is received 14 days or less before the event.
- Places can be transferred to other delegates, with prior agreement, provided that payment has been received, and no later than 3 days before the event.
- Cancellations must have been received in writing/email and acknowledged by the Institute, to qualify for any refunds that may be eligible.
We will be adding new events for an ongoing basis so please check the website regularly. If you would prefer to be notified, please ask to be added to our mailing list at email@example.com.