- This event has passed.
Sue Howson- Digital and Remote Delivery of Group Work. Online Event.
When families cannot access your service easily, it is beneficial to deliver a group intervention remotely. It has been exciting to hear about agencies that are working with families remotely – either for individual sessions or to continue their on-going groups with online tele-sessions. We know that this has been a big transition for a lot of services and staff during the last 2 years.
This online workshop covers Digital and Remote Delivery of Group Work:
- Understanding current evidence in remote delivery
- Awareness of how group interventions will work remotely, the limitations of this and key considerations
- Experience in delivering group work sessions remotely and using platforms/technology
- Skills in delivering effective group work interventions remotely
- Managing their own well-being
The target audience for this session is Low Intensity Practitioners and it will build on the skills and confidence necessary to deliver group work remotely.
We will review how to help families prepare for these video tele-sessions. The group leaders will learn the format for delivering the Incredible Years Program remotely, including how to use the IY methods in a video tele-session, IY principles of video-based discussions, role play practices, number and length of sessions, and experiential learning.
Presented by Sue Howson Clinical Lecturer at the University of Reading and Exeter and Parenting Practitioner.
This workshop will run from 10:00 am until 4.30 pm, with a 45- minute break for lunch, at a cost of £75.
Group bookings of 4 workshops or more will receive a 10% discount (£67.50 per session), and 10 workshops or more will receive a 15% discount (£63.75 per session)*.
University of Reading Students (current and graduate) will receive a 20% discount upon verification of a valid student number. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance with your student number and for further instructions.
*Please note: The online store accepts card & PayPal payment ONLY. If you wish to pay via another method or make multiple bookings to benefit from the discount, please email the CWI Team on email@example.com.
Events will be delivered online, for which delegates will be sent a link for joining. No previous experience of any tool or specific software is required (although we do recommend that you access the event using a connection with good bandwidth).
Taught by leading experts, our workshops provide training opportunities in evidence-based treatments. All of our courses are accredited and are BABCP compliant providing 5 CPD hours, with an approximate 50/50 split between theory and skills. The cost of the workshop includes an electronic CPD certificate. All workshops, unless otherwise stated, are intended for a cross/mixed ability audience.
We also offer a range of training options in all psychological treatments, all of which are recommended by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
Cancellations & Terms (Online workshops)
- Delegates will receive a full refund if notification of cancellation is received more than one calendar month prior to the event
- If notification is received between 1 calendar month and 2 weeks prior to the event we will offer a refund of 50%
- No refund will be offered if notification is received 14 days or less before the event
- Places can be transferred to other delegates, with prior agreement, provided that payment has been received, and no later than 3 days before the event
- Cancellations must have been received in writing/email and acknowledged by the Institute, to qualify for any refunds that may be eligible
We will be adding new events for an ongoing basis so please check the website regularly. If you would prefer to be notified, please ask to be added to our mailing list at firstname.lastname@example.org.