- This event has passed.
RESCHEDULED. Professor Samantha Cartwright-Hatton – The Raising Confident Children Course: Helping Anxious Parents to Raise Confident Children. Hosted at the University of Reading.
This workshop was originally scheduled for 27th April, however, the date has now been rescheduled to 8th June.
1 day workshop presented by Professor Samantha Cartwright-Hatton.
Despite the elevated risk of anxiety disorders in children of anxious parents, we currently do very little to intervene in this process. This workshop will outline a new intervention aimed at anxious parents who want to learn techniques for raising confident children. In a randomized controlled trial of the intervention, children whose parents received the intervention were 16% less likely to have an anxiety disorder six months later, compared to children whose parents were in a control group. This workshop is primarily aimed at clinicians working with anxious adults but may also be useful to clinicians working with anxious children.
Book HereMore Information
This workshop will run from 9:30 until 4.30 pm, with a 45- minute break for lunch, at a cost of £130.
Special Offer : with every purchase of a face-to-face workshop, we are offering an online workshop (subject to availability) at a reduced price of £30.
If you are interested please either:
- Book the face-to-face workshop online and we will contact you to process your booking/payment for your choice of online workshop.
- Contact email@example.com for further details.
Group bookings of 4 workshops or more will receive a 10% discount (£117.00 per session), and 10 workshops or more will receive a 15% discount (£110.50 per session)*.
University of Reading Students (current and graduate) will receive a 20% discount upon verification of a valid student number. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance with your student number and for further instructions.
*Please note: The online store accepts card & PayPal payment ONLY. If you wish to pay via another method or make multiple bookings to benefit from the discount, please email the CWI Team on email@example.com.
This event will be hosted at University of Reading.
Taught by leading experts, our workshops provide training opportunities in evidence-based treatments. All of our courses are accredited and are BABCP compliant providing 5.75 CPD hours, with an approximate 50/50 split between theory and skills. The cost of the workshop includes refreshments, lunch voucher and an electronic CPD certificate. All workshops, unless otherwise stated, are intended for a cross/mixed ability audience.
We also offer a range of training options in all psychological treatments, all of which are recommended by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
Cancellations & Terms (Workshops hosted at University of Reading)
- Delegates will receive a full refund if notification of cancellation is received before 3pm on the Friday prior to the event. If notification is received after this time, delegates will receive a full refund, minus an administration fee of £15.
- Delegates can transfer their registration to another event without additional charge. We are unable to refund the difference between face to face and online events, but the difference can be used against the cost of a future workshop.
- Places can be transferred to other delegates, with prior agreement, provided that payment has been received, and no later than 3 days before the event.
- Cancellations must have been received in writing/email and acknowledged by the Institute, to qualify for any refunds that may be eligible.
We will be adding new events for an ongoing basis so please check the website regularly. If you would prefer to be notified, please ask to be added to our mailing list at firstname.lastname@example.org.