- This event has passed.
RESCHEDULED. Anjali Mehta and Charlene Wattley- Adapting Low Intensity Interventions for Neurodiverse Young People. Online Event.
Neurodiverse young people can benefit from low intensity (LI) CBT for their mental health needs. However, research shows that adaptations to LI CBT are useful, and should be implemented where possible.
Do you want to gain confidence in adapting LI CBT interventions to support neurodiverse young people?
This experiential day’s training covers the following:
- NICE-recommended adaptations for 1:1 LI CBT with autistic young people, with a chance for discussion and sharing of what MHST staff have found helpful so far.
- Practical application of these adaptations through Clinical Skills sessions, with support and guidance from experienced CBT therapists.
There will also be a chance for questions and discussions around specific clients in your MHSTs, to consider how best to adapt LI CBT for them.
Presented by Anjali Mehta and Charlene Wattley, who are both CBT Therapists and Lecturers with vast experience of working in and running therapeutic programmes in schools and providing adapted CBT to neurodiverse children.
This workshop will run from 10:00 am until 4.30 pm, with a 45- minute break for lunch, at a cost of £75.
Group bookings of 4 workshops or more will receive a 10% discount (£67.50 per session), and 10 workshops or more will receive a 15% discount (£63.75 per session)*.
University of Reading Students (current and graduate) will receive a 20% discount upon verification of a valid student number. Please contact email@example.com in the first instance with your student number and for further instructions.
*Please note: The online store accepts card & PayPal payment ONLY. If you wish to pay via another method or make multiple bookings to benefit from the discount, please email the CWI Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events will be delivered online, for which delegates will be sent a link for joining. No previous experience of any tool or specific software is required (although we do recommend that you access the event using a connection with good bandwidth).
Taught by leading experts, our workshops provide training opportunities in evidence-based treatments. All of our courses are accredited and are BABCP compliant providing 5 CPD hours, with an approximate 50/50 split between theory and skills. The cost of the workshop includes an electronic CPD certificate. All workshops, unless otherwise stated, are intended for a cross/mixed ability audience.
We also offer a range of training options in all psychological treatments, all of which are recommended by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
Cancellations & Terms (Online workshops)
- Delegates will receive a full refund if notification of cancellation is received more than one calendar month prior to the event.
- If notification is received between 1 calendar month and 2 weeks prior to the event we will offer a refund of 50%.
- No refund will be offered if notification is received 14 days or less before the event.
- Places can be transferred to other delegates, with prior agreement, provided that payment has been received, and no later than 3 days before the event.
- Cancellations must have been received in writing/email and acknowledged by the Institute, to qualify for any refunds that may be eligible.
We will be adding new events for an ongoing basis so please check the website regularly. If you would prefer to be notified, please ask to be added to our mailing list at email@example.com.