How to submit a video to a Blackboard Blog
You can upload a video to the YuJa media platform, and then submit this to a Blackboard Blog.
The steps in the process are
- Create the video using appropriate software.
- Upload the video to your YuJa Media Library.
- Access the Blackboard blog.
Click on Create Blog Entry, then use the YuJa Media Chooser from the editor to locate and select your video in YuJa.
- Post the blog.
- The video remains in your YuJa Media Library, but can now be accessed by markers via the Blackboard course.
Create your video
To record a video you can
- record in PowerPoint on your laptop
- record on your phone
- go to Yuja and record directly in the browser
See these guides
Upload the video to YuJa
- Log on to YuJa.
- Go to your Media Library
- Click on Upload
- On the Upload screen click on Add Schema Tags
- Select ‘Assessment’ from the drop-down list, and press Save.
- Browse to select your file, or drag and drop your video file onto the Upload window.
- The video will upload immediately, but will take some while to finish processing.
You do not have to wait for the video to finish processing before posting it to Blackboard blog.
Submit to Blackboard Blog
- Go to your course in Blackboard.
Go to the Assessment area of the course and click on the blog name to start the submission process.
- In the top left-hand click on Create Blog Entry.
- This opens up an editing window.
Make sure you can see the + (Add Content) icon on the editing toolbar – if necessary click on the 3 dots to expand the toolbar.
- Click the Add Content icon
- Choose YuJa Media Chooser from the list.
- Your YuJa Media Library is displayed. Search or scroll to find the video you want to submit.
- Click to highlight and select the video.
Press Insert Content.In the examples shown here, the video is one that has only just been uploaded to YuJa, and is still processing.
- You may need to use the outermost scroll bars to navigate to the bottom of the page to locate the Insert Content button.
- This embeds the video into your Blackboard Blog entre. If necessary write any additional text.
When done, press Save Entry as Draft or Post Entry to complete your submission.
- A message will appear on screen saying that you have successfully posted.
- Markers on the Blackboard course will now be able to view your video when they access the Blackboard Blog.
- You don’t have to wait until your video has finished processing to submit it to Blackboard.
- But if you need to make any edits to the video in YuJa, you do need to wait until the video has finished processing.
- Once you have submitted the video to a Blackboard the file will be locked in YuJa, so you can’t make any edits to the video.
So if you need to make any edits to the video you must do this in Yuja before submitting to Blackboard.
- If you need to submit a Word document or some other kind of file to the blog, as well as your YuJa video, you can scroll down to the Blog Entry Files, then Browse Local Files to upload the Word document.
- If you save your Blog entry as a draft, and you want to make changes to the file you submitted, you will need to
- upload a new version of the video to YuJa
- make any required edits in YuJa
- then return to the blog remove the first video and Add the replacement.