This guide relates to the new Turnitin assignment tool.
The new version – Turnitin LTI – will be used for assignments
- due 1st August or later – including coursework resubmissions and resit exams
- on all Blackboard courses for 2022/23
Submitting to the original version of Turnitin? see our Turnitin help guides
Updated Turnitin help guides
- How to submit to Turnitin
- Has my submission been successful?
- How to View and Interpret the Similarity Report
- Finding your Marks and Feedback
- Student guides (Turnitin website)
- Preparing for Online Submission – Turnitin Assignment checklist
What has changed?
The new Turnitin assignments have a more user-friendly interface, but there’s only minor changes in functionality for students. For instance, there’s no change to the type of files you can upload.
The main changes are
- appearance of the screen where you submit work
- you need to download your submission receipt, rather than having one emailed to you.
The submission screens have a new design but they work in much the same way as before – you Upload your file, check that it’s the right file, and then press Submit to complete the submission.
For full details see our guide How to submit to Turnitin.
Receipts will no longer be emailed to students.
When you have successfully submitted your paper a success message appears, with a link to Download Digital Receipt.
You should always download a copy of the Digital Receipt from this screen straight after submission, and save it to your University One Drive.
You can return to the submission point at any time and download a further copy of the receipt – click on the Download Receipt icon on the far right of the screen.
For full details see our guide Has my submission been successful?