The Course Room
The course room is a permanent open Collaborate room that can be locked or unlocked depending on how you intend to use Collaborate on your module.
What is it for?
The course room, being an open, unscheduled space is great for activities such as:
- Short tutorials (one to one or small group)
- Informal Q&A sessions
- Student-led group meetings
- Office hour drop-in meetings
If you choose to use your Course Room, you can Configure your Course Room for best results.
Scheduled sessions are pre-organised and time locked webinar activities that typically fit the same model as a regular seminar or lecture. They will usually cover just a single topic and will most likely involve active learning.
What are they for?
- Group seminar type activities
- Short presentations followed by active learning
- Specific topic Q&As
- Outreach sessions with groups of students around a specific topic
Collaborate in Blackboard Course Groups
When you set up a Group in your Blackboard course, by default a Collaborate Room will be created for that Group. This Group Room will be available for use at any time to all members of the Group, without the need for any further staff intervention.