Please be aware of the following privacy advice when using Padlet with your students:
- Do not use your University password when creating a Padlet account.
- Do not set Padlets to be ‘Public’. Set Padlet to ‘Secret’. This means that students can access your Padlet, if they have been given the link.
- Be aware that it is theoretically possible for someone to access a ‘Secret’ Padlet by guessing the link, as the link is just a combination of characters.
- Avoid sharing personally identifiable information on a Padlet.
- Students do not need to sign up to use Padlet. They can read and contribute to a Padlet without an account.
Please refer to:
- University of Reading Data Protection Policy requirements and guidelines.
- Padlet guidance on Privacy settings.