Link is one of the options on the Create Content menu. You can use this to create a link to a Web page, or to link to content inside your Course or Organisation.
Create Link Options
From the Create Items menu under Course Content items select Link. The New Web Link page will open.
There are two tabs in the top menu: Create Web Link and Create Course Link.
Create Web Link
To create a web link you
- Add a name for your link e.g. BBC website
- Choose ‘Visible to students’
- Add the URL to the Link URL field e.g. https://www.bbc.co.uk/
- Add a description (optional)
- Press Save.
Create a Course Link
This allows you to link to content elsewhere in the same course or organisation, e.g. from an assessment brief to an assessment submission point.
To create a course link select the Create Course link tab from the top menu.
1. Search for an item on the course you wish to link to.
You can use a keyword and/or category (Document, Assessments, SCORM, File, LTI or Journal) to search for the item you wish to link to.
The search results will appear in the right-hand side panel.
2. Select the item you wish to link to.
Find the item you wish to link to from the list of search results, and select it using the radio buttons.
You will then reveal the options to give this link a Display Name and a Description.
The links will display in Course Content, with the usual edit options:
- Visible/Not Visible to students
- Download (if the course link is to a document)
The Visible to students option displays the following warning:
“Changes to the visibility or release conditions apply to the linked item and all associated course links”.
Page last updated on May 25, 2023 by taralehane