! Feature release date: 01 Sep 2023
Files uploaded or attached to content items are stored in Blackboard content collection. Blackboard retain copies of deleted or replaced files in “Recycle Bin” for up to 30 days.
If you have accidentally deleted or replaced a file, you can restore or download the file and re-attach to an existing or a new content item.
What can be restored?
- Files uploaded to Blackboard or attached content items (e.g. Word, Excel, PDF or PowerPoint etc.)
What cannot be restored?
If you have accidentally deleted one of the items mentioned below, please contact DTS as soon as possible (within 30 days of deletion).
- Content items.
- Files submitted as Blackboard Assignments (students attempts).
- Files attached to discussion forums or Journals
- Files attached to Announcements or messages
Restore a deleted file or folder in Original courses
- Open “Course files” (Scroll down to “Files” under “Course Management —> Control Panel”, and click on the relevant course ID)
- Locate and open “Recycle Bin” folder
- Select the file relevant file, and click “Restore”
Restore a deleted file or folder in Institutional Content area
- Locate the “Recycle Bin” folder (this should be visible under “Institutional Content” folder)
- Select the file or folder you would like to restore, then click “Restore”
Guidance will be available soon.
Page last updated on August 29, 2023 by Asif Muhammad