Note: information for 2024 exams will be available on this page soon.
Recommended settings 2023
Important: for Turnitin LTI assignment tool (August 2022 onward)
Please insert the following text in the assignment description:
Make sure you download a copy of your Digital Receipt immediately after submission, and save it to your University One Drive.
- Recommended settings for Online Exam submission points (Word Document)
- Recommended assessment tools for online exams 2023 (Website)
- This is designed as a working document for Programme Administration teams, to help them apply consistent settings for the Exam submission points and tests
- The document details our recommended settings. Some settings are marked ESSENTIAL – they have been agreed at University level and must be applied to all Online Exams.
- Academics: if you have questions about the settings being applied for your module exams, please check these with your Programme Administrator in the first instance.
- EMA Integration for Online Exams
Online Exams on your Blackboard course
- A ‘Online Exams 2023’ area has been added to the course menu of every module where there is an Exam (April-July 2023).
- This area contains
- A copy of the generic Coversheet which is being inserted into all exam papers.
- Details of where students should go for help.
- The ‘Online Exams’ area is also where Programme Administrators will upload Exam papers and create submission points – to become visible at 09:00 UK time on the day of the exam.
Online Exams Practice course
All students sitting Summer 2023 exams have access to an Online Exams Practice course.
The Practice course is intended to give students the opportunity to test downloading and uploading documents, understand what instructions they will see on exam papers, as well as to identify and resolve any technical issues ahead of the exam period.
All types of submission points are available, and this will allow the students to test the different exam types Schools will have set. The Practice area will be open throughout the exams period and students can access it, and submit to it, as many times as they want.
Students on modules using Gradescope for exams this summer will also have been provided with access to a Gradescope practice exam.
If you wish to check out the resources that students have access to, you can can self-enrol on any of the Practice courses.
Guidance on marking Exams
Please note that much of this guidance is generic, not specific to marking assignments for exams.
For Resit Exams see Turnitin LTI: Changes for Markers
Guidance to students
Page last updated on February 9, 2024 by Asif Muhammad