Take Home Exams
This guidance has now been updated with recommended settings for Summer 2022 Resit Exams.
- The new version of Turnitin must used for all Resit exams which require a Turnitin submission point.
- The updated Recommended settings document below shows the settings to use when creating a Turnitin LTI Assignment.
- For guidance on using the new version of Turnitin, see Turnitin LTI Assignments.
Recommended settings for Take Home Exam submission points – Summer 2022 Resits (Word document) Updated for 2022 Resits
Important: Resit exams where students submit to a Turnitin assignment will need to use the new Turnitin LTI assignment tool
When setting up Turnitin assignments for Resit exams, please insert the following text in the assignment description:
For help submitting to the new version of Turnitin, see the student help site: How to submit to Turnitin
Make sure you download a copy of your Digital Receipt immediately after submission, and save it to your University One Drive.
- This is designed as a working document for Programme Administration teams, to help them apply consistent settings for the Exam submission points and tests.
- The document details our recommended settings. Some settings are marked ESSENTIAL – they have been agreed at University level and must be applied to all Take Home Exams.
- Academics: if you have questions about the settings being applied for your module exams, please check these with your Programme Administrator in the first instance.
- EMA Integration for Take Home Exams
Take Home Exams on your Blackboard course
- A ‘Take Home Exams 2022’ area has been added to the course menu of every module where there is an Exam (April-July 2022).
- This area contains
- A copy of the generic Coversheet which is being inserted into all exam papers.
- Details of where students should go for help.
- The ‘Take Home Exams’ area is also where Programme Administrators will upload Exam papers and create submission points – to become visible at 10:00 UK time on the day of the exam.
Take Home Exams Practice course
All students sitting Summer 2022 exams have access to a Take Home Exams Practice course.
The Practice course is intended to give students the opportunity to test downloading and uploading documents, understand what instructions they will see on exam papers, as well as to identify and resolve any technical issues ahead of the exam period.
All types of submission points are available, and this will allow the students to test the different exam types Schools will have set. The Practice area will be open throughout the exams period and students can access it, and submit to it, as many times as they want.
Students on modules using Gradescope for exams this summer will also have been provided with access to a Gradescope practice exam.
If you wish to check out the resources that students have access to, you can can self-enrol on any of the Practice courses.
Guidance on marking Exams
Please note that much of this guidance is generic, not specific to marking assignments for exams.
For Resit Exams see Turnitin LTI: Changes for Markers
Guidance to students