You can use Microsoft Teams to make recordings using video, audio and your screen, or just audio and screen as required. These recordings will then be uploaded automatically to Stream.
If you are using the Teams web app you may not be able to share your screen. Make sure you are using the desktop app for Teams.
To create a recording
- Open Teams
- Go to your Calendar in Teams:
- Click on the Meet now button:
- Join the meeting by clicking on Join now (if using the web app you may be asked to allow your browser to use your camera and microphone)
- Turn the camera on if you want to record yourself:
- Make sure the microphone is on to record your voice:
- When you move your cursor over the screen, a meeting menu bar will appear at the bottom of the screen:
- Cick the More actions button (looks like three dots).
- From the drop-down menu, select Start recording.
- If you need to record PowerPoint slides, documents or images, in the Teams meeting use the Share button.
- When you use share you can
- Share your desktop – anything that shows on your desktop will appear in the recording.
- Share a window – simply select the one you want to display from the windows tiled along the bottom of your screen.
- Share a PowerPoint presentation – your most recent files will be tiled at the bottom of the screen or you can click on ‘Browse’ to locate the file.
- Share Microsoft Whiteboard at the bottom of the screen – you can use the whiteboard tools to draw on the screen and your actions will be recorded.
- When you have finished your recording, click on the More actions button (looks like three dots) again.
- Select Stop recording.
- The recording will now end and will be saved in Microsoft Stream.
- You can now leave the meeting by hanging up the phone – click on the Red phone icon.
- You will receive an email when the content is ready to stream.
- Click on the ‘publish, view, edit or share’ option to be taken to Stream, where you can edit the recording properties, and edit who it is shared with.
To record yourself and other presenters
- Create a meeting for the agreed time via the Teams Calendar.
- Invite the other people required to present.
- When in the Teams meeting, follow the same steps shown above to start recording.
Record Button not available
Some users have identified that their button is ‘greyed out’ and they cannot switch on recording. If this is the case for you, please submit a ticket using the IT Self Service Portal. This has been seen when a user joined as a ‘Guest’ rather than with their Office 365 account.