This guide is relevant to the following Mode of Submission: Blackboard Journal
Integration creates a Weighted Total Column in the Grade Centre.
This can be mapped to the Grade Centre column for any assessed journals on the course.
Steps in managing an assessed Journal
- Create the Journal
- Edit the Journal settings e.g.
- tick the box to enable marking
- set a due date
- set Points Possible
- provide instructions for students
- Create a link to the Journal for students
- Mark student Journal entries – see the Blackboard help page: Blackboard journals: marking and feedback
- After marking and moderation, map the Weighted Total column and send marks to RISIS.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The module convenor and programme administrator should agree who will create the Journal, and in which area of the course. This should be the ‘Assessment’ area, unless there are compelling reasons for placing it elsewhere.
- Providing instructions for the Journal is the academic’s responsibility.
- Likewise agreeing on optional settings such as ‘Allow Users to Edit and Delete Entries’, and choosing the setting for ‘Show participants in “needs marking” status’ (i.e. deciding if students should appear in Needs Marking every time they make a new Journal post, or less frequently).
- Programme Administrators should ensure that the correct assessment settings are applied to the Journal and associated Grade Centre column.
For more, see Blackboard Blogs and Journals