Microsoft Teams anywhere:
Use Microsoft Teams on your desktop, on the web, or on your iOS or Android mobile device.
Microsoft Teams is available for all staff at the University.
If you are working from home and want to collaborate with colleagues, you can use Microsoft Teams.
Note: For online delivery of Teaching and Learning Sessions that require the use of Breakout Rooms please use Blackboard Collaborate
Access to Microsoft Teams – either installed on your device, or via the web.
Internet browser (e.g Chrome, Edge, Safari or Firefox)
Audio/Video device (e.g Microphone, Headphone with microphone, Webcam).
Help and Support:
For help guides on organising or attending meetings using Microsoft Teams please visit
How to schedule or join a meeting on the Web:
- Visit https://teams.microsoft.com (You are not required to download the desktop app.)
- Login using your University Email and Password (Contact IT Services if you don’t have permissions to use Teams)
- Click on the “Calendar” icon available in the left hand pane
- Click “Meet Now” to start a new meeting. Click “Join now“.
- On the next page, enter the name of the colleague you want to invite or click on the Link icon to copy the shared link. You can now paste that link in your email and share with others. You can invite external users using the shared link and allow guest access (guest access does not require login to Microsoft Teams)
- Click on the “New meetings” down-arrow and click on “Schedule meeting” if you would like to schedule a meeting.
If appropriate, you can record a Teams meeting.