The release of marks and feedback is managed from the Review Grades screen.
For assessments where you want students to be able to view their marks and feedback, when all marking and moderation is complete you can Publish Grades.
This will enable students to see their feedback inside Gradescope.
See the Gradescope guide Reviewing Grades: Publish and notify students.
In addition you will need to post the marks to Blackboard.
The situation is different for exams, since you do not want students to be able to see markers’ comments, nor their mark for individual questions.
Therefore DO NOT PUBLISH EXAM GRADES IN GRADESCOPE.
If marks are not Published, students will see neither marks nor feedback in Gradescope.
You can post the marks to Blackboard, and then send them to RISIS, which is where students should see their exam marks.
Post marks to Blackboard
Before posting marks you will need to set up a Manual Column in the Grade Centre.
- Give this the same name and Points Possible as the Gradescope assignment.
- Hide the column from students.
- Sync the Roster.
- Click Post Grades to Blackboard.
- Link the Gradescope assignment to the Manual Column.
See Posting grades on the Gradescope help site.
- For coursework only: Show the Manual Column to students.
- Map the Manual Column to the [IC] column for this assessment.
- Go to Mark Approval and Transfer to send the marks to RISIS.
It is also possible simply to export marks from Gradescope to a CSV file, so you can work with them in Excel.