The release of marks and feedback is managed from the Gradescope Review Grades screen.
For assessments where you want students to be able to view their marks and feedback, when all marking and moderation is complete you can Publish Grades.
This will enable students to see their feedback inside Gradescope.
See the Gradescope guide Reviewing Grades: Publish and notify students.
In addition you will need to post the marks to Blackboard.
Please note – Publishing and posting marks
- Once ‘Publish Grades’ has been pressed, as soon as a mark is entered in Gradescope the student will be able to view it.
- However you have to press ‘Post grades to Blackboard’ every time you want to send marks to Blackboard.
The situation is different for exams, since you do not want students to be able to see markers’ comments, nor their mark for individual questions.
Therefore DO NOT PUBLISH EXAM GRADES IN GRADESCOPE.
If marks are not Published, students will see neither marks nor feedback in Gradescope.
You can post the marks to Blackboard, and then send them to RISIS, which is where students should see their exam marks.
Post marks to Blackboard
If you have chosen Gradescope as the Mode of Submission in RISIS, the EMA integration will create two manual columns for the assessment (On-time, and Post-deadline).
Having separate Gradescope assignments for students submitting after the deadline enables you to release marks after 15 days to those who submitted on time, without immediately revealing marks for those who submitted after the deadline.
These IC columns in the Grade Centre should remain hidden from students until you are ready to show them their marks in Blackboard.
The EMA integration will create a single weighted column for each Exam.
You will need to create a Manual column in the Grade Centre for the Gradescope exam. You will then map the assignment to the Blackboard column in Gradescope – see below.
- Sync the Roster.
- Click Post Grades to Blackboard.
- Link the Gradescope assignment to the correct Manual Column.
- Click on edit
- Choose the correct Grade Centre column from the dropdown list, then click Link Assignment.
- Click on edit
See Posting grades on the Gradescope help site.
- For coursework only: Show the Manual Column to students.
- Go to Mark Approval and Transfer to send the marks to RISIS.
It is also possible simply to export marks from Gradescope to a CSV file, so you can work with them in Excel.