COVID19 and other information for visiting the Paediatric SLT clinic
Following the Government advice on the current Covid-19 restrictions, including allowing organisations to plan their own response, the University has decided to have a staged approach to relaxing its own Covid-19 control measures.
In essence this means:
Please rearrange your appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if:
- You /your child or anyone you’ve been in close contact with is showing symptoms of Covid-19 e.g., a persistent high temperature, persistent cough, or a loss of taste or smell
- You/your child has had sickness or diarrhoea in the past 48 hours
- Face coverings are no longer a requirement and will not be worn routinely by clinic staff. Please advise us if you would like clinicians to wear a face covering during your appointment.
- Please continue to use the hand sanitisers provided when you enter a building and regularly throughout your visit.
- The University recommend that lifts are not shared with people outside of your group.
On arrival, please report to reception. If you arrive early you may wish to wait in the car until as near to the appointment time as reasonably practical. We have removed all toys and books from the waiting area.
You will be escorted from the waiting area to and from the clinic. Please do not wander unaccompanied around the building except to access the ground floor toilets.
Parents or guardians are responsible for their children at all times.
The University of Reading reserves the right to modify these requirements, possibly at short notice, according to the latest Government guidance or legislation.
Thank you for your continuing patience and cooperation.
Updated July 2022