- Log into Padlet at https://en-gb.padlet.com
- From your Dashboard, click + Make a Padlet
3. Select the layout of Padlet you would like to set up. You may want to try out a few Padlets to work out the best format for your activity.
4. The new Padlet will appear with the Modify panel on the right-hand side open. The following steps are all in this panel, you will just need to scroll down.
4a. Add your own Title
4b. Add a description (optional – though you could use this to advise students how to add a post).
4c. You can customise the URL with a short name
4c. Under Appearance choose a background wallpaper from the selection or add your own.
4d. You can select your preferred Colour Scheme and Font
4e. Under Posting you can leave as default or change according to your needs.
New post position – setting as Last means that the first post will stay at the top.
Reactions – allows viewers to add a reaction, options are Like, Vote, Star or Grade
4f. Choose the Content filtering options that best suit your need.
People and Privacy
5. Click Next (at the top right-hand corner). You will be sent to the People and Privacy panel.
5a. Normally set the Privacy as Secret. Never set as Public.
In some use cases you might want to set a password. For example: if you only want students to see the Padlet after a certain time, when you’ve shared the password; or if they have to do an activity in order to see the password (e.g. pass a Blackboard Test- you can use Adaptive Release to show the password).
5b. Choose whether you wish those with a link to have read only access, or to Write (recommended).
6. Click Next (top right-hand corner) and your Padlet is ready to start posting.
You can re-enter the Modify panel to make changes at any time by clicking on the cog icon in the top right-hand corner of the Padlet screen.