YuJa authenticates users via Single Sign On (SSO), in the same way as other university services like Blackboard and Microsoft 365.
Log into Blackboard
- To activate your YuJa account, log in to Blackboard.
Please ensure “Third party cookies” are allowed in browser settings. In Chrome or Edge you will need to select “Allow all cookies“. If using Safari please also ensure “Prevent Cross site Tracking” is disabled.
- If you are already an instructor on a Blackboard module, skip to Click a YuJa link.
- If you have your own Practice Course, skip to Create a YuJa Tool Link, otherwise continue below.
Create a YuJa Tool Link
- Choose a course where you would like to add a YuJa Tool Link. This can be your Practice Course (see our guide on how to create a Practice Course if you don’t have one), or a live Blackboard module.
- Check Edit Mode switched on:
- In the left-hand Content Menu, click the + icon (Add Menu Item) and select ‘Tool Link’ from the menu.
- Select ‘YuJa Video’ and give your Tool link a name. If you’re creating this in a Blackboard module which you plan to use for teaching, ensure that you give it a recognisable name (such as YuJa Video).
Click a YuJa Link
- To activate your YuJa account, you need to click the YuJa Tool Link in one of your Blackboard modules. This will open within Blackboard and you may be asked to authenticate.
- Clicking a YuJa Tool Link in a Blackboard module for the first time will also create a Channel for that module.
- You can now access My Media area, Channels and videos that have been shared with you.
Creating a Channel
- The first time you click a YuJa Tool Link in a Blackboard Module it will create a Channel for that Module. You should create a Channel in this way for each of your Modules.
- A Channel is a playlist to which you can Publish videos in YuJa, allowing your students to see your recording in one easy-to-find location.
- When a student clicks a YuJa link in a Module, it will take them to the Module’s Channel in YuJa.
- You should publish Classroom Capture recordings to your Module’s Channel, rather than embedding them in your Blackboard Module, to prevent them being shared with the new cohort on your module on Course Rollover.
Your account is ready to use
- Now you have created your account in YuJa, you will be able to upload videos and record directly in the browser without needing to download any additional software, as well as initiating Classroom Capture recordings.
- If you wish to download the YuJa Software Capture Application, to familiarise yourself with Classroom Capture, you can do so from the Software Centre or via Company Portal, depending on your device. See the DTS Knowledge Base article How to install YuJa Learning Capture Software Capture App (desktop).
Account creation via reading.yuja.com
We do not recommend activating your account via reading.yuja.com. If you activate your account in this way, your account will automatically be given the restricted role of student and you will not be able to publish videos for your students to see.
Page last updated on June 28, 2023 by emmaherrod