We wish to congratulate the Class of 2020 on completing their studies at the University of Reading during challenging circumstances, and take the opportunity to welcome you all into our alumni community.
We look forward to you continuing your journey with Reading as part of our alumni community – you are now a lifelong member of an international community of over 300,000 Reading alumni from over 150 countries.
To begin your journey with us, we would like to invite you to our first ever Virtual Alumni Welcome Event on Wednesday 9 September at 18:30 GMT.
Alumni Welcome Event
This event aims to welcome the Class of 2020 into our alumni community, to show you the benefits you can take advantage of, and to give you the opportunity to ask any questions.
The event will be hosted by Professor Robert Van de Noort, Vice-Chancellor of the University of Reading, and will feature a talk from our Careers team on the support they can offer as you take your first steps into your career.
There will also be an opportunity to hear from fellow Reading alumna Charlie Leech, Project Manager at Bloomberg New York, who will tell you about her journey since graduating from Reading, and how staying in touch with the University has benefitted her.
Dylan Parkes, Director of Alumni and Supporter Engagement, said:
“We’re excited to offer this virtual welcome to those joining our alumni community during this exceptionally difficult year.
“We look forward to telling you more about the opportunities and benefits you can access by being part of our supportive global community of fellow alumni, and how you can continue to be involved in the life of the University and enjoy a lifelong connection.”
If you are a finalist from the Class of 2020 you should have received an email with instructions on how to register for the event. Please email us if you have any questions.
There are also many other benefits available to our alumni community, including:
- Alumni discounts and special offers across campus, including the Library and SportsPark
- An exclusive £1,500 discount on tuition fees if you choose to undertake further postgraduate study at Reading
- Extended access to the Careers and Employability Service for up to 18 months after finishing your studies
- The opportunity to engage with an ever-growing professional network of over 300,000 alumni
- A programme of national and international events, including inspirational lectures, debates, concerts and more
- Keeping up to date with the latest news from alumni and recent developments from across the University through our range of alumni communications
- The chance to volunteer your time and help support IMAGINE, the University’s fundraising and volunteering campaign. Opportunities include career mentoring for students, helping to run an alumni association in your region, or sharing your profile to inspire the next generation of students.
- Access to an ever-growing suite of online courses run with FutureLearn, which are based on the cutting-edge research taking place at Reading.
We hope to see you at the Virtual Alumni Welcome Event on 9 September.
Discover what two of our alumni have achieved since they graduated from Reading.