Contents on this page
- Where to start – activating YuJa account via Blackboard
- Classroom Capture – recording live teaching sessions in on-campus teaching spaces
- Personal Capture – making screencasts for asynchronous release as either core content or supplementary learning activities
- Transitioning from Stream to YuJa
- Uploading videos to YuJa
- Managing videos with YuJa
- Sharing videos with students (in Blackboard modules) and Staff
- Using YuJa for video based assessments and quizzes
TEL Staff Development Sessions
Throughout the summer and the new academic year, we will be running sessions on using YuJa for Teaching & Learning migrating content from Stream to YuJa.
Quick overview (video tour)
This short video will give you a quick overview of YuJa.
Where to start?
Activate your YuJa account via Blackboard and create your first channel for a Blackboard module.
As part of the Learning Capture Project, the YuJa Software Capture application has been installed in all centrally bookable rooms at the university, and microphones have been set up to capture audio. Please visit the Learning Capture Rooms page to view a list of centrally bookable rooms.
You can use YuJa Desktop Capture (see guidance on how to install YuJa Software Capture) or YuJa’s Browser Capture Studio (no download required) to create screencasts. Or, if you prefer, you can continue using other applications (e.g. PowerPoint, Camtasia) and manually upload the videos to YuJa.
Transitioning from Stream to YuJa
From 10th July 2022 Microsoft are making changes to the way MS Stream operates – see the DTS Blog: Changes coming to MS Stream. From this date YuJa will be the University’s official storage platform for teaching and learning video content.
Videos currently in MS Stream which you’d like to share with 2022/23 students should be downloaded from MS Stream (if you don’t already have a local copy) and then uploaded to YuJa.
Please note, videos previously shared with your 2020/21 and 2021/22 Blackboard modules should not be deleted from MS Stream – those students are still entitled to access the learning content.
Which videos do I need to migrate from Stream to YuJa?
How do I do migrate content from Stream to YuJa?
Uploading videos to YuJa
All recordings created using YuJa Software Capture (Desktop Capture) or Browser Capture Studio will be automatically uploaded to YuJa. For guidance on how to manually upload existing videos to YuJa, please visit:
Managing Videos with YuJa
- Accessibility, Transcripts and Captions
- Video editing
- Sharing Videos within Blackboard Modules (sharing with Students)
- Sharing videos with Staff
- Sharing Central University Video Resources
- Upload videos to YuJa
Using YuJa for video Assessments
Support and Feedback
You will find answers to some technical queries by searching for YuJa in the Service Desk Knowledge Base.
If you need further assistance please feel free to raise a support ticket via the Self Service Portal.
To report a problem with this page, request alternative formats or to make suggestions please contact us.