Doing UoR Bit is our sustainable action platform which makes it easy and rewarding to do your bit, big or small, for the environment. The platform is available on both desktops and mobiles through an app. It highlights simple actions that you can complete that can reduce your carbon footprint, that are good for the environment and your own wellbeing. New activities are added regularly, so there will always be something new to try.
The platform shows you the positive impact of the actions you take - whether it be through carbon emissions avoided or how many bottles you've prevented from going to landfill. There's a huge range of different actions that you can take part in, across different themes. For every action, you will be rewarded with Green Points. What do Green Points mean? Prizes! Every month you have a chance to win!
Every month winners can choose vouchers from:
We’d love you to take part. You can register for free using your university email address today, and you’ll earn 1,250 Green Points just for signing up!
Every month 2 x £20 vouchers will be given to the top 2 points earners. 2 x £10 vouchers will be raffled to anyone who's done 1 activity in that month.
Every month 14 x £10 vouchers will be given to the top 14 points earners. 14 x £10 vouchers will be raffled to anyone who's done 1 activity in that month.
We have now launched our lift share tool which connects you with other Doing UoR Bit users who would like to share their commute - whether it be by car, public transport, cycling or walking. Go to www.doinguorbit.co.uk to login or activate your account and then navigate to the lift sharing tool in the top left corner. From here you can:
- the 'Add a new route' feature to add your commute and let others know how you would like to travel. You can set the days, times and locations of your commute as well as letting other users know a bit about yourself.
- use the 'Map' search feature to find available routes or requests close to you by entering a start and end postcode.
Lift sharing with those who live near you is a fantastic way to:
- save money;
- cut down carbon emissions;
- reduce air pollution;
- minimise traffic congestion;
- meet new colleagues and make friends;
- earn Green Points on the Doing #UoRBit platform.
Page last updated: September 2023