What can I recycle...on campus?

  • Paper
  • Envelopes,
  • Newspapers
  • Magazines
  • Cardboard (flattened)
  • Paper bound books
  • NO paper cups
  • NO paper plates 
  • NO polystyrene
  • NO food contamination
  • NO hazardous waste

Wash 'em and Squash 'em!


  • Drinks Cans
  • Tins
  • Plastic Bottles
  • Plastic Containers (Type 1 2 3 5 & 6) 
  • Small amounts of Paper
  • NO glass
  • NO food
  • NO liquids


Please put your paper cup in the dedicated cup collection bins for recycling.  Find out more here.

ALL these items can be recycled at UoR:

Batteries - these can be sent to the Post Room (Whiteknights House) for recycling

Confidential Papers - these are shredded on site by our approved contractor - request bags for your confidential papers here, find out more about it in the recycling A-Z, or have a look at the confidential waste procedure.

Electrical Items - fill out a disposal request form here

Printer cartridges - Usually a box is located in the foyer of your building.  If its full, you can ask for it to be emptied here.

Fridges and Freezers - contact waste@reading.ac.uk for collection.

IT equipment - fill out a disposal request form here

Wood and Metal - fill out a disposal request form here

Mobile phones - fill out a disposal request form here

Florescent tubes and light bulbs - contact waste@reading.ac.uk for collection

Waste cooking oil - contact waste@reading.ac.uk for collection

Glass - collection point are located across campus - Download this map for locations

There's more....but we'll be here all day!  Have a look at the Recycling A-Z, or contact us for more information.

....in halls accomodation

More information coming soon...

....in private accomodation

Wokingham Borough Council

Waste and Recycling

Wycombe District Council

Waste and Recycling

Reading Borough Council

Waste and Recycling

South Oxfordshire District Council

Waste and Recycling