Looking to travel more sustainably this month? This is what you have got to look forward to:
On Your Bike Day
We held our first bike event this term with Dr Bike, Reading Bike Kitchen and UniCycle. We sold 10 second-hand bikes and over 40 staff and students visit Dr Bike for a free Bike check.Our next scheduled Dr Bike is the 22nd May – come along and get your free bike check!
Free Cycle Skills Sessions every Wednesday!
Whatever level of cyclist you are, we have cycle courses to improve your cycling
- 2-3pm “Back on Bikes” for those needing practice with gears, signalling etc. and will stay on paths & roads within campus,
- 3.30-5pm “Bike Commuting Skills” covering more advanced skills & Highway Codes for cycling with traffic.
See the cycle skills programme for details or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place. All sessions start with bike set up and key safety checks.
Do you need a car? Campaign
We’re launching a new campaign to reduce single occupancy vehicles by encouraging the great travel offers and alternatives available to both staff and students. You don’t need a car in Reading because:
- Bus routes 21/21a operate every 7 mins and serves both Whiteknights and London Road campuses
- Cycle hire and lessons. Improve your confidence and skills at free weekly cycle skills sessions.
- Excellent trains, including season ticket loans and discounts available for staff
- Car club hire on campus. Hire a car by the hour with Co-wheels
- Walking distance in to town
- Get fit cycling and walking
The Maintenance team have widened the path between Eat@Square and Chemistry for shared users to encourage walking and cycling on campus. The improvements have been a result of the feedback from previous Travel surveys. For more information on route improvements and sharing spaces safely.